Sorry, the below att levels should have been Preamp levels, and the ATU should be built in! Need another cup of coffee.

73,
Carl
AB1DD

Resistance is futile.
(don't know about reactance, though)

On 1/25/2021 10:48 AM, AB1DD wrote:
Mike,

You don't get the new knob and bezel!

Seriously, You don't have the new i/o board, with it's sound card built in and USB connectivity. There are a couple other things changed on the mother board that you can't get anyway with out buying a K3S. They weren't showstoppers for me. There is a second preamp, more att. levels, built it ATU will bypass, better speaker amp, Fast rx/tx switching, extended 630 and 2200 meter bands. There might be more that I can't remember, but the synth and i/o board are the biggest. There was a chart on the Elecraft website but I don't know where it is now.

Hope this helps