The K3 has a bipolar HPA, the K3S is FET.  In my case the bipolar is more reliable and has lower TX IMD.

Wes  N7WS

On 1/25/2021 8:48 AM, AB1DD wrote:
Mike,

You don't get the new knob and bezel!

Seriously, You don't have the new i/o board, with it's sound card built in and USB connectivity. There are a couple other things changed on the mother board that you can't get anyway with out buying a K3S. They weren't showstoppers for me. There is a second preamp, more att. levels, built it ATU will bypass, better speaker amp, Fast rx/tx switching, extended 630 and 2200 meter bands. There might be more that I can't remember, but the synth and i/o board are the biggest. There was a chart on the Elecraft website but I don't know where it is now.

Hope this helps

73,
Carl
AB1DD