The new I/O board was also an option that was sold separately as an upgrade
to the K3, as was the KXV3B, where the pre-amp was located.  If you find a
K3 with all those upgrades plus the synth (like mine ;), it's pretty close
to the same thing as the K3S.

--
Owner, worldwidedx.com
AE6LX, Amateur Radio