Christopher A. Kantarjiev wrote:
After many months, this thread rears its ugly head again :-)

At the time, I said that I would take a crack at updating "Your Novice Accent" and collecting resources for the new ham who is trying to get proficient at CW.

I decided, after a while, that updating YNA was something I didn't want to try, but Dan KB6NU has done so at http://kb6nu.com/your-novice-accent/. By all means, take a look.

Instead of trying to make a coherent article, I did the 21st century thing of collecting a bunch of links and stitching them together into a web page with stream-of-consciousness text. Tom N0SS and Fred K6DGW were a great help in this endeavour. Please take a look at http://www.dimebank.com/cak/k6dbg/k6dbg_cw.html and send me any comments and criticism you might have...

Always learning,
73 de chris K6DBG
Hi Chris, I teach the code and have gone through the Koch and several other things to the Chuck Adams CD-ROM. It happens that making the CD-Rom is a problem if your not a computer geek. I am one of those and so I had the Students buy their own MP3 players and I gave them the CD-Rom.

It was not perfect but it was good. Out of 9 students 3 quit after the first day. One student was 6 years old and she was ALSO learning the Letters and Words at school. She had trouble, after hearing the CW for g figuring out how to write g :-)

I set up a VE session right after the class which was 3 weeks, 5 days a week for 1 hour, and 4 passed the 5 WPM code AND the General written by taking the tests on the QRZ web site.

I think the idea of starting to learn A at 15 WPM is a good idea. Only one person had trouble with the speed. The serious problem is the person who will not LEARN to get the CW from the same part of the brain we store how to write g :-)

73 Karl K5DI