Good Evening,

   Twenty meters had a moderate level of noise with some QSB. Signals did drop to S2 or lower but copy was OK.  Forty meters had less noise at first, but by the end it grew louder.  There were a few digital contacts going on nearby.  Twenty moved on me, arriving at the East Coast by the end of the net.  QSB on forty meters was about the same rate as on twenty.

   It may be a CW net but the topics vary: gardening, dog training, antenna projects, varmit wrangling, cold commiseration, birding tales, weather reports, propagation study, and vicarious warmth.  I receive the latter when I hear about sun and 60 degree temperatures.  Currently it is snowing.  It is brisk around the Midwest as well.  Below zero readings after dark.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

NO8V - John - MI

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K4TO - Dave - KY

K6XK - Roy - IA

KL7CW - Rick - AK

AB9V - Mike - IN

K3EW - Phil - MD

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K6PJV - Dale - CA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

W8OV - Dave - TX

KM6ZX - Brian - CA

   Until next week stay warm & 73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

One summer afternoon Mrs Oedipa Maas came home from a Tupperware party whose hostess had put perhaps too much kirsch in the fondue to find that she, Oedipa, had been named executor, or she supposed executrix, of the estate of one Pierce Inverarity, a California real estate mogul who had once lost two million dollars in his spare time but still had assets numerous and tangled enough to make the job of sorting it all out more than honorary.  Oedipa stood in the living room, stared at by the greenish dead eye of the TV tube, spoke the name of God, tried to feel as drunk as possible.  But this did not work.