Good Evening,

   As I had suspected the bands were not too good.  I was getting reports of QSB but experiencing none myself.  Noise was a little higher but signals were not.  I am not sure where twenty meters was landing since neither Ken nor Steve found me without repetitions.  I tried both antennas to vary my pattern.  Then I replied on whichever received better.

  On 14050 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K4JPN - Steve - GA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

From this sparse sampling I had the worst weather.  Hail, snow, sleet, rain, and fog.  It did get sunny before the second net but the rest of the week will bring more snow.

  Until next week 73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

You know not even the coastal villages was safe from
them big clams. You know them big clams had an inland
range of about 15 miles. Think of that. I mean our
early pioneers and the settlers built little houses
all up and down the coast you know. A little inland
and stuff like that And they didn't have houses like
we got now, with bathrooms and stuff. They built little
privies out back. And late at night, maybe a kid would
have to go, and he'd go stomping out there in the
moonlight. And all they'd hear for miles around...
/[loud clap/belch]/....one less kid for America. One more
smiling, smurking, humungus giant clam.  -- in the key of A