Or everyone check in using an Eico 753.

Marv
KG7V

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of w4sc
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 6:08 PM
To: k6...@foothill.net; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Why is my K3 off frequency?

Skip,

I agree with all points you have  made.

Add to the check list the offset in the K3 Filter setup, verify it is set
correctly.  On 5 pole filters,, i.e. for SSB the standard 2.7KHz filter, allows
an offset setting range of 0.00 to +- 9.99KHz (in 10Hz steps).  The same check
would apply to the 8 pole filters, which should be set to 0.00.  These offsets
are used by the f/w to set the operating frequency and proper carrier point on
the filter slopes.

Furthermore, I don’t understand why the NCS isn’t using his RIT, or operating
in split mode, to “chase” stations he perceives to be “off frequency.”  I think
back to the past when no one had a digital frequency display to “get within” a
couple of Hz of the desired frequency.  Maybe he should be required to use a
Swan 350 for a week or two??

73 de Ben W4SC

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

delivered to marvwhee...@nwlink.com