Sadly, I've decided to give up waiting for the K4. I'm probably far down the list anyway. Their are numerous reason for this decision. First, there is the cost. With a tuner the price is $4600 making it one of the most expensive transceivers on the market. I fully realize that the K4 is feature rich and extremely well designed. I would never take anything away from Elecraft's engineering ability. The K3 set a new standard of performance that made the other manufacturers substantially up their game - which they did. But is the K4 going to do the same thing the K3 did? To me, it doesn't look like it. Innovative in some, perhaps many ways - yes. A new trend setter? I'm not so sure. When the K3 came out it was very competitively priced. I'm not sure I would describe the K4 with the same words. It is unquestionably an expensive radio. At this point the price/performance just isn't there for me. I sold my very complete K3 station several years ago in anticipation of the K4. But now the waiting has left me thinking about how much I'm willing to invest and whether or not another brand whose transceivers are as much as $1500 less and whose performance seems quite impressive will meet my needs. After literally several years of contemplation I conclude that, for me, the K4 is not worth the price. $3600 (with the tuner since every other significant radio includes one) would seem competitive and I would jump on it at this price. But as it is? Can't see doing it. I apologize if feelings are hurt or I've made anyone angry. I'm leaving the list since I'm no longer waiting patiently for what we once called Vaporware.

Good luck to everyone on their current and future K4s.

Doug -- K0DXV