Except the OP gave up on waiting.

I did too.  I haven't cancelled my no-deposit K4 order, but I turn 80 later this year and I wanted a new radio before then.  So I bought a TS-890S.  It too is a single-receiver box.  But, I'm two away from top of the Honor Roll and have 9-band DXCC all from withing a 10 mile circle and I've never owned a transceiver with two receivers.  A contester might want one but as a DXer I've never seen the need.

I've only had the Kenwood for about 7 months, but it's already been more reliable than either my K3 or K3S. Prior to the Elecrafts I had a TS-870SAT that was flawless for over 12 years. The '890 isn't perfect, the K3 and K3S are better on RTTY, I don't like not having mic and headphone jacks on the rear panel, among other nits.  But the feel of the tuning knob, the ergonomics, the better frequency stability, the audio and the far better TX IMD are pluses.  It has a built in tuner, albeit with a lesser range. Although I don't use or have an interest in remote operation, the Kenwood has built-in capability.

Although the prices have actually gone up since i bought mine, they are still less than a base K4.

Wes  N7WS