From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of Julia Tuttle <ju...@juliatuttle.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 8, 2021 9:36:00 PM
To: Al Lorona <alor...@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Gurus

I'm gonna second "above all, have fun"!

If it brings you joy to have the highest performing rig you can, cool, and
I hope it serves you well.

But if a different aspect of a radio, or even one you can't name, brings
you joy, that's also cool, and I'm happy it makes you happy!

My KX3 isn't at the top of the Sherwood list, it doesn't have a panadapter
(...yet), and connecting it up for digital modes is a bit of a rat's nest...

...but I'll be darned if it isn't just fun as shit to use. The UI is well
thought out, the VFO knob is a work of art, (surprisingly) the compact size
makes it more approachable/friendly for it, and the community here around
it (as heated as it can get) is tighter-knit.

None of those show up in a spec sheet or lab testing Get what makes *you*
happy, and share your experience so the next ham can do the same.

Cheers,

Julie

Message delivered to k9...@live.com