And how did you come to the conclusion of no overshoot?

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 9/21/2021 8:48 AM, Salvatore ["Ted"] K2QMF wrote:
I have a Yeasu FTdx5000 and an FTdx101MP.
Both are driving Elecraft KPA1500's.
The driver power is reduced to about 35 Watts on both!  I have no over shoot with either rig!
Do not use ALC!!  Lower the drive power.
No issues!  Works Great...
K2QMF

On 9/21/2021 9:38:49 AM, jerry <je...@tr2.com> wrote:

On 2021-09-21 06:26, Bob McGraw wrote:
> Not really, 6 dB of attenuation rated at 100 watts. The challenge is
> switching it out on receive.

*** Not so bad if you build it INTO the linear - so it would be inside
the
existing relays. But yeah - it's a shame to waste all that power and
heat the linear
more.

- Jerry KF6VB

> But the real challenge is to buy a transceiver that doesn't overshoot
> at reduced power.  Neither my K3S, my Tentec Eagle, nor my Omni VII
> have the issue.    Other companies have or need to update their
> operating system such that reduced power does not overshoot.
>
> Kenwood, ICOM, and Yaesu.......are you listening?
>
> 73
>
> Bob, K4TAX
>

> On 9/20/2021 11:21 AM, jerry wrote:
>> On 2021-09-19 19:47, Bob McGraw wrote:
>>> Based on personal experience and observations with another ham radio
>>> brand and company, it is most often the case that power overshoot is
>>> likely to occur when the transceiver is operated at reduced power.
>>> Namely to drive a power amplifier.
>>
>> *** So I guess the obvious fix is to operate the exciter at full power
>> and
>> insert an attenuator in line.  It would be serious piece of equipment
>> though.
>>
>>                    - Jerry KF6VB

Message delivered to k2...@juno.com
3570bf85-7497-4b92-98b6-83a0bec2b6b7

*Choose to be safer online.*
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Get Norton 360 with LifeLock starting at $9.95/month.*
<https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag995&promoCode=A23457>NetZero.com/NortonLifeLock <https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLock&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch&utm_content=tag995&promoCode=A23457>

https://www.avg.com