"Would you care to share your KPA500 power measurements at each of those drive
levels (and test mode used)?"

If you receive this data set be sure you understand that dissipation, heating,
and efficiency will be strongly dependent on the complex impedance of the load.
  I have previously shared test data for my KPA500 but I made no attempt to
record drive level and have no data for gain.  My measurements were made to
explore the influence of output power and loading on PA dissipation.

Once you have this data you'll stop believing those who say there is no reason
to match to better than 1.5:1.

73,
Andy, k3wyc