On 12/4/2021 2:41 PM, Bob KD7YZ wrote:
Hello Elecraft List

I recently got my K3 back from Elecraft. They'd upgraded it to K3s.

I used to be able to run a cable from the Rx in out area on the
right-upper-rear as I face it.

That gave me antenna without the threat of RF into my SDRPlay.

I tried Rx In and Out then pressing RX on teh front, but the S-Meter drops 5
S-Units.
Yeah, signal does go to thje SDR device, but at a huge loss to the regular
operations.

What am I not seeing here ?

KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Bob (and others),

The SDRPlay is capable of decoding and using the RF out directly.

There is no need for a splitter and it's resulting loss. There MAY be a need for an inline ATT on the IF out to the SDRPlay but YMMV.

I have run mine this way for over a year now with no issues. Mine is the RSPDuo, and I use the second receiver for the software Spectrum Analyzer function and the first with HDSDR and the EXTio Interface. (Get from SDRPlay website)

No soundcard, no splitters, no problems, and adds second receiver fully controlled by the HDSDR. Also, using omnirig-v2 gives control of your K3 to HDSDR and allows click in the panadapter to change frequencies on the radio etc.

As a bonus, it acts like a crude transmit monitor as well.

Just wanted to share this in case folks don't know about it.

73

--
Dave Erickson
AB0R