I agree. I once suggested to Wayne that Elecraft charge something for
feature upgrades after a certain point in order to provide a revenue stream
to justify them. I received a chewing out unmatched since I got caught
driving a jeep without a helmet. This is not part of the Elecraft
philosophy.
As a result, like all the other manufacturers, there comes a time when the
answer has to be "buy a K4."

Victor 4X6GP