A well known 9 lander lid uses chicken wire for his 160 antenna and it works very very well.  I am not sure what effect crossing the wires has.  Has anyone done any real testing of this or is it just theory or a wives tale?  Did he stumble upon the holy grail of radials?

Most of the results of the radial field are from the first 50 percent or so.  You do not necessarily have to have 66 ft radials on 80m to work and get out.  Put out as many as you can as long as you can and shorter radials are fine too.

W0MU