Good Evening,

    It started snowing last week before either net.  It hasn't really stopped since.  After the first 24 inches there has been only a few inches more.  Power went out before midnight on Sunday.  Around 8 AM it came back on for a few minutes.  Then it came back on again around 7 PM.  The next day it was out for 12 hours.

   Luckily, I had a thumb drive of journal papers and two fully charged laptops.  I spent quiet time next to the wood stove reading about new techniques to analyze systems of PDEs, like the Navier-Stokes or Maxwell equations.  The techniques join neural networks to a finite element mesh of governing equations.  These constraints reduce the search space.

   The sun is fairly blank but the flux rate remains elevated. There have been some ejections from the back side but nothing headed toward us.  The auroral oval shows a medium level of activity, I expect noisy signals with moderate QSB.  However, there is nothing like checking conditions yourself.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 2330z Monday (4:30 PM PDT Sunday)

73,  Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Some of the links to what I read this week:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/deep-learning-poised-to-blow-up-famed-fluid-equations-20220412/
https://www.quantamagazine.org/what-makes-the-hardest-equations-in-physics-so-difficult-20180116/
https://www.quantamagazine.org/latest-neural-nets-solve-worlds-hardest-equations-faster-than-ever-before-20210419/
https://github.com/benmoseley/harmonic-oscillator-pinn/blob/main/Harmonic%20oscillator%20PINN.ipynb
https://arxiv.org/abs/2005.03448
https://github.com/benmoseley/harmonic-oscillator-pinn
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2107.07871.pdf
https://github.com/benmoseley/FBPINNs/blob/main/fbpinns/paper_main_3D.py
https://mltp2020.com/Presentations/Karniadakis_NSF_MLTP2020.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics-informed_neural_networks
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fdata.2021.669097/full

Which lead me to a technique for natural language programming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer_(machine_learning_model)
https://towardsdatascience.com/transformer-neural-network-step-by-step-breakdown-of-the-beast-b3e096dc857f
https://www.techtarget.com/searchenterpriseai/feature/Transformer-neural-networks-are-shaking-up-AI
https://jalammar.github.io/illustrated-transformer/