Maybe its in this thread but one other UPS (and probably FedEx) policy to be
aware of is that insurance for items NOT packed by UPS only extends to covering
the value of item if lost. If packed by UPS then the insurance covers loss and
in transit damage. When I have sold things either on this list or eBay over a
certain value, I drop them off at the UPS store and have them pack it and ship.

I had a recent “frustration” with UPS, in that I shipped something a few weeks
back associated with a visa application. As the application process had gone
silent I began to wonder if I had shipped the item to the correct address. The
UPS tracking and customer receipt only show the city and state. It was an
unnecessarily convoluted process to verify the address was correct.

I agree that USPS offers many benefits especially if you can “squeeze” an item
into their standard boxes. Plus their receipts include the full shipping
address.

Paul Gacek
W6PNG/M0SNA