Thanks to the many respondents to my original question.
You helped me out considerably.

One more ( last.. that's a promise  :-) question on the SSB audio issue.

Me was told that the absence of filtering between Tx  mixer and Tx buffer
amp could cause annoying IM products.
( The bandpass filters in the K2 are behind the Tx buffer amp., while in at
least one of my other tranceivers in use here I see the bandpass filter
straight behind the Tx mixer without interfacing amp. ).

Could this observation contribute adversely to the SSB Tx audio quality (
in-band IM3) or do I see a ghost ?

I was told this question had ever been asked before on this list ( even to
Elecraft directly ) but without proper response.
I searched the archive but in vain.

Any comment would be appreciated highly.

Thanks again.
Peter, PE1E.