Hi, David:

Hopefully, others who have first-hand experience with the Kenwood and other
commercial and desk mics make specific recommendations. I'm using a "home
brew" hand mic that has a radio shack electret element. I also changed the
input resistor (R14) on the KSB2 board from 1K to 5K. That works FB for me.
Thinking back about the posts on that subject over the years, it seems to me
that most who have used electret mics have reported good results.

Ron AC7AC