A better approach is this tool from VE7CC.

http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/

It allows you to select the countries and even US states and VE provinces from which you want to see spots. It's easy, for example, to see only spots from your region, so that you see only what skip allows your to work. Or, if you're a contester, you can choose to see spots both from your region and at a distance from you, so that you can see who in your region you can't hear thanks to skip, and who at even greater distance may be using a frequency where you want to call CQ (in a contest).

I'm in NorCal, and I choose to see spots from stations west of the Rockies, from KH6 and KL7, and from MD, which gets me W3LPL, which tells me where EU stations are running. The cluster I connect to is VE7CC-1, which gets spots from the worldwide network, and allows me to see or reject Skimmer spots. I've used this arrangement since someone turned my on to it at least 15 years ago.

73, Jim K9YC