On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:04:16 -0400, "Don Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> Pat,
>
> If this condition is confined to 40 meters, check out the KPA100 specific
> information regarding the position of RFC10 (the one soldered to the antenna
> jack) on Tom Hammond's website www.n0ss.net .

Already moved.

> If it happens on all bands, then you have another problem, so ask again and
> provide more information and we can lead you on a path of 'problem chasing'.
> First you will have to tell us whether the 'wattmeter' you refer to is an
> external wattmeter or the internal K2 indication.

Both.  Happens on all bands.  Relative to an external wattmeter the power
the K2 shows is wrong and the power the KPA100 outputs in some cases is not
ok.  Max out on the lowbands is almost 150 watts and pulled current is above
20 amps.  On 20m and above output is more normal, output is never above
100w. For example the K2 reads 80, but the external wattmeter reads 100w.
On 15m output is below normal.  The K2 will read 110 and the max out is 90w.
Approachs normal at around 70w.  On 10m ouptput tracks like 20m except max
out is about 110w.

Pat N8vw