While this may be an old thread, I have an input which could be interesting
to some.  I recently noticed the KAT500 I am currently using had V1.75 of
the firmware installed.  I use it with an IC-7610 and trained it on each HF
band, placed the MODE switch in MAN and tuned it for the FT8 frequencies.
This worked well until I updated the firmware to V2.05.

After that, the KAT500 failed to use the memorized tuning solutions even
though its frequency counter correctly identified the frequency.  It would
operate in AUTO mode but the tuning took too long for my purposes.  I
reverted the firmware to V1.75 and it performed as it should.

The question is why does V2.05 appear to ignore what should be memorized
tuning solutions?

73, Bill Mader, K8TE
ARRL New Mexico Section Manager
*ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio**™*
Secretary/Treasurer and Past President, Albuquerque DX Association
W6H NM Coordinator, Route 66 On-the-Air 10-18 Sep 2022
New Mexico QSO Party 8 Apr 2023
Duke City Hamfest Chairman www.dukecityhamfest.org 15-17 Sep 2023