"Also, which should be obvious, the KAT500 is trained on each band and acts
appropriately with V1.75.  Why it doesn't with V2.05 is currently a mystery. "

No, it was not obvious to me that you had trained all of each band.  I had the
impression that you had trained only the FT8 frequencies in each band.

You have not said whether your problem is that the correct frequency is not
detected, or if the correct frequency is detected but the wrong bin is
selected, or if the correct bin is selected but the wrong tuning solution is
active.  All that can be deduced using the utility.

If Dick is helping you I doubt I can contribute much.  However, if you need an
attempt to reproduce this on a different KAT500, then email me your config file
and tell me the frequencies on which you observe the problem.

(I'm interested because I spent many hours testing this firmware before it was
released.  I don't like "escapes".)

Andy, k3wyc