On Nov 18, 2022, at 6:24 AM, Mike Smith VE9AA <ve...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> Recently I bought a few sets of the Koss SB40 and by gosh they look an awful
> lot like the Yamaha's..maybe made in the same factory - who knows.  They are
> starting to get hard to find as well but I found mine on amazon.ca for
> around $60 CDN

The Koss SB40 appears to be the same headset as the Yamaha CM500, but with a
dynamic mic. My first CM500 headset actually said “KOSS” on the microphone
plug, so yes, they are probably made in the same factory.

An electret mic has much better fidelity than an inexpensive dynamic mic, so
the CM500 is probably a better choice.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood