Thanks, Alan, for all your help and suggestions.

73,
-- Dave, N8SBE

On 2023-02-27 21:14, Alan Bloom wrote:
Hi Dave,

The internal display comes on briefly, then the P3 powers down. ...

And no, I can't contact it via the utility anymore.

So it sounds like the CPU comes on briefly at power up but then turns off.

There is a power-fail interrupt in the Microchip dsPIC33 CPU. Perhaps
the +3.3V supply is not stable at power-up for some reason.

Actually, at this point it's really hard to troubleshoot without
seeing the unit.  If you send it in to Elecraft for repair, the
service tech could try swapping PC boards to isolate the problem. For
example, if a new rear-panel I/O board fixes it, then it is probably a
power supply problem.

So at this point, sending it in is probably the best option.  You can
send an email to k3supp...@elecraft.com to explain the problem and get
a return authorization.

Good luck!

73,