"The specific problem I have is that, for 6 meters, I want to use ANT 2 but the
KAT500 is not letting me change from ANT 3.   And while I am not using ANT 1,
I’m not able to configure a band/antenna combination such that I can only
switch between ANT 2 and ANT 3. "

I works correctly for me with Windows KAT500 utility ver 1.21.10.8.

I first thought I had reproduced this problem but I found that KPA500 had not
been switched to 6 m band because having the Utility in control had disabled my
normal KAT500 control loop.

Check the KAT500 is actually on 6 m before checking the front panel antenna
selections.  Band can be confirmed with utility Operate window or with BN;
command from the command tester. (6 m should return BN10; )

I suppose it is possible the Mac utility has a bug that is not in the Windows
version.

If, after checking BN is correct, your antenna preferred and enabled values
don't respond correctly you could try setting them with the command tester.

AE1031;    enables ANT 3 on 6 m
AE1021;    enables ANT 2 on 6 m
AE1010;    disables ANT 1 on 6 m

Prefernece is set with AP e.g.

AP102;  sets ANT 2 as preferred for 6 m band.

See command reference for more detail.

Ensure band is selected correctly with BN; or BN10; before checking the front
panel ANT selector response.

Email is good on QRZ if you need more help.

73,
Andy, k3wyc