Good Evening,

   Very little snow remains.  A little sun, a lot of rain, and higher temperatures melted the 1/2 foot of new snow from early in the week.  My daffodils are finally seeing sunlight.  They will bloom in a few weeks.  I saw a line of Varied Thrush working their way across the front yard fluffing up the ground cover searching for tasty tidbits today.

   The sun is moderately speckled and active.  An M class flare could happen today, boosting the ion layer.  I hope for more noise with stronger signals.  A quiet band never seems to provide great propagation.  It is easier to filter out the noise than it is to boost a weak signal.  But I have heard great signals over an otherwise soundless background.  You just never can tell about this RF stuff :)  That's why folks climb mountains and work each other QRP.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-