Good Evening,

   The forest is waking up.  Scents are changing.  A few hummingbirds reminded me to put up their feeder.  More woodpecker species are back.  There is a variety of drumming calls.  Grouse will find good logs soon.  I wondered if each woodpecker had a resonant frequency to transfer shock efficiently.  I found a lot of studies citing head trauma research.

  The sun tossed a CME at us, due between 0000z and 1200z on April 24th.  So we may or may not be affected.  I expect occasional whistling sounds, followed by deep QSB, as the ionosphere feels the impact of the faster ions then the rest of the mass.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

https://www.audubon.org/news/new-study-shakes-long-held-belief-woodpecker-hammering