That was a head spinning discussion!  No Elecraft transceiver here but I've
been working single RX Split with a TS-590S for as long as I have owned it.

For the TS-590 the key to working split pileups is the TF-SET key which swaps
TX and RX VFO as long as it is held.  Sounds like Elecraft does the same with
the REV key.  Listen on the DX frequency, after his CQ or TU press TFSET to
listen to the pileup. Spin the dial to find who is answering with a report,
this sets the TX VFO to that frequency, adjust up or down based on prediction
of DX listening point, release TF-SET and call after next TU.

TF-SET, an SDR based panadapter, and CW Skimmer all help me when trying to work
the big pileups.  With TF-SET held I can click HDSDR (SDR panadapter) to set
the TX VFO. I doubt I would do any better with a second receiver.

73,
Andy, k3wyc