Has your K3 received the coveted Golden Connector Pins? Mine [S/N 642] began doing things like that, especially on the BAND+/- and MODE +/- buttons.  Pressing really hard would sometimes make it work.  The K-POD proved to be a work around, but the new connector pins on a trip to the factory for another problem solved it.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County