Much of the K3 functionality as a radio is analog on the main RF board [well, except for the DSP of course].  I believe that many [most?] of the signals on the Coveted Golden Connector Pins are digital chatter between the brains and the other parts of the radio that tell them what to do but don't affect the functionality.  i.e. it might go to the wrong band, or BAND +/- might affect the mode instead, but all of the radio still works fine.  If you are so inclined to do a little bench work, you might try removing and reseating those connectors a couple of times ... maybe with a light coat of DeOxit.

Good luck.  In the "Olden Days," you could almost always find the problem by looking in the corner of the chassis where the small fire had started.😉

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County