Interesting to note that there is no “Idle” button in your image. I guess
that’s elsewhere in the utility.

I would assume that as they’ve used the word “Power” in the utility, I’d expect
it to be the same as the power button on the front panel of the KAT500. From
what you’re saying, it certainly seems to act that way.

My setup has the KAT500 power up when the shack PSU is turned on, but I always
hold the power button on the KAT500 when I turn the radio/s off and of course
all of the LEDs go off.

MY setup is all hard wired so I can’t easily get a meter inline to check
current consumption when the KAT500 is ‘off’. I don’t have consumption issues,
as all of my power is turned off when I leave the shack.

Sorry I can’t be of much help.

73,
Alan - G4GNX
South Coast UK
Elecraft K4D / KPA500 / KAT500 / IC-9700