Thanks.  That's good detail.  I'll recheck the manual once more.  I made a
common mistake of assuming too much and not reading enough.   I have tremendous
respect and faith in the engineering put into the system of the Elecraft line..
 That's a  long way of saying, It works brilliantly.

I just want to avoid a mistake in where the ATU-500 and KPA-500 are trying to
resolve a tune whilst the CW spews forth.

This comment and the prior comment about the Kenwood aspect (and related
command-set mentioned) are interesting.   Thanks.

Aside from all that -- when folks here use the "SWR Thresholds" and use the
K3+KAT+KPA chain via Aux Serial data sharing -- what do you use for the three
metrics in SWR Thresholds?

There's a KPA Inhibit SWR,   Re-tune SWR and Bypass SWR value.  The recommended
values in the manuals seem frightfully high for my nerves to handle.

Any advice on *that* would be welcomed.

HNY, Thanks.

---
73, Jeff  W7BRS