I did not say that you can’t train in manual mode. I said AUTO should only be
used for training - not for normal operation.

I really hope that your one button push takes account of other users on the
band when you’re training. Presumably it has some very sophisticated detection
that can tell if a frequency is in use?

73,
Alan - G4GNX
South Coast UK
Elecraft K4D / KPA500 / KAT500 / IC-9700