On 4/6/2024 3:58 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
Yes - although there have also been some analysis done that seems to show that, in FT8, with any ALC bars visible, signals begin to
widen out, and at 4 bars there is a lot of junk between signals.
Just repeating what I've been told -  I don't have the ability to
check this myself.
Given the way the K3 audio/ALP/Power system operates, the information
you have been given is highly questionable.  Either the test equipment
was not operating correctly, the test procedure was flawed or the
particular K3/K3s being tested was not operating correctly.

Since your repeated claims do not identify the technician or provide
any documentation of the procedure and results, the claim can not
be validated.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Yes - although there have also been some analysis done that seems to show that, in FT8,  with any ALC bars visible, signals begin to widen out, and at 4 bars there is a lot of junk between signals.  Just repeating what I've been told -  I don't have the ability to check this myself.

I was running FT8 just below 1 bar, and found the driving power to my amp took 7 or 8 transmit periods to get to full power each time I adjusted my power, even by a tenth of a watt.  I'm now running 3 bars (third flickering) and power-up behavior is much better.

73, Pete N4ZR