Give me a break, Joe. I told you why I didn't give his call - I'm fairly sure that he reads this reflector, and he will comment if he wants to.  End of subject

73, Pete N4ZR

No, it's not "snarky".  It points out that a claim can not
be verified absent supporting documentation - just like any
scientific study that has not been subject to peer review is
generally not given serious weight.  This is particularly the
case when the claim runs contrary to not only the designer's
and manufacturer's recommendation but also the experience of
many other experienced audio and RF engineers.

Your anecdotal claim sounds very much like the test procedure
is over driving the first audio stage before any gain control
(too much audio drive, reduced mic/line gain setting).  However,
since the lone "report" can not be peer reviewed it is impossible
to give it any credence.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV