On 5/4/2024 9:21 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:
So there is my question, if for such an expensive piece of equipment, there
could be something of better quality, if not, I apologize, we will have to
live with these things.

The only things that Elecraft should do to prevent lightning damage are to properly terminate cable shields to the shielding enclosure at the point of entry, properly terminate power system safety ground contacts, the the shielding enclosure, and otherwise practice proper bonding within their products.

The rest of it is up to us. About a week ago, I posted a link to tutorial slides for talks that I've done on the topic. EVERYTHING shown is good engineering practice to prevent lightning damage, and much of it also minimizes issues with RFI. Anything that we fail to do is an open door for lightning damage.

73, Jim K9YC