Andrew,

If you are using a dummy load that is not frequency sensitive, you will not see an SWR increase even in the presence of an oscillation, but a rise in SWR may be an indication of a problem in the KPA100 SWR detection circuit and the follow-on circuits.

However, if you are using a resonant antenna (or circuit such as an antenna tuner) feeding the dummy load, then your assumptions may be correct.

In any case, the voltage tests that I listed are not frequency sensitive.  They will show that proper voltage is getting to the base K2 VRFDET circuits to maintain power control.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/29/2026 4:23 AM, Andrew Lenton wrote:
I want to what is coming out, as the SWR rises too, I suspect it booting on a different crew, ie self oscillating


KR

Andrew

Get BlueMail for Mobile <https://bluemail.me/download/>

On July 29, 2026, at 01:38, W3FPR <[email protected]> wrote:


Andrew,

Your first problem is power control, that will not be seen with a
Spectrum Analyzer.
Do the voltage tests that I recommended first.  After you get power
level control, then you can proceed to a Spectrum Analyzer if you want.

73,
Don W3FPR


______________________________________________________________
Elecraft mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm
Post: mailto:[email protected]

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
Message delivered to [email protected] 

Reply via email to