On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:57:15 -0400, "Stephen W. Kercel"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In cognitive processing of sensory data, the brain functions a
>differencing engine. Each brain has a capability of distinguishing
>audible spectra, but some are more sensitive to particular nuances of
>difference than others.

That's interesting.  I've spent over 150 hours listening to CW at
various speeds, but I have developed no ability to comprehend what I'm
hearing.

My conscious brain only reports differences, not absolutes.  The
result is that 'dash dash dot dash' is heard as 'something something
change something'.  That's exactly the same as 'dot dot dash dot' is
heard.

I think I now know why the church choir wasn't eager to have me
participate.