Jim wrote:
My only real point was that the electronic injectors can make noise similar
to an ignition system.

OTOH, a diesel like this one:

http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl/
 ------------------------------

I didn't realize that. Thanks!

Wow! That's an ENGINE! It reminds me of the time I stopped in to deliver
some parts of a marine warehouse. I had been into the engine room of enough
modern ships to no longer be impressed by engines bigger than my house,  but
this time I was surprised.

It was lunch hour and, looking for the guys to give the package to, I found
them having lunch deep in the huge building. They were sitting about six
feet or so up on a huge round platform of some sort, munching away on
sandwiches with their lunchboxes open. After I got the signatures I  took a
look at what they were sitting on. It was a piston from a marine engine,
just like what you'd expect in an automobile but about six feet high and
nearly as big around.

Ron AC7AC