Ron and all,

For anyone contemplating connecting an analog S-meter to the K2,  A better
connection point for the takeoff AGC voltage is Control Board U2 pin 1.
That point should have a voltage relating to the signal strength whereas the
AGC input into the MC1350 is a current based rather than voltage - the only
difference between the two points is a resistor (R4), but still using U2 pin
1 will not have potentila adverse effects on the normal K2 AGC operation.

I don't know what the voltage swing relative to S-meter readings are (that
calculation is currently done inside the firmware), but those interested can
experiment a bit.  An  op amp or two should be able to scale whatever AGC
voltage is developed at U2 pin 1 to whatever your meter wants.

73,
Don W3FPR