Folks,

I am interested in building the XV144 transverter. However, I do not want to tie up the K2 as the IF. Instead, I have a Uniden HR-2600 (unmodified) lying around that I'd like to use for the IF/tuner/etc.

Has anyone out there used the 2600 or 2510 as the IF for the XV144? How difficult is it to do this? Reading thru the XV144 manual with regard to separate TX/RX cables, PTT cables to trigger the XV, blah blah, makes me a bit nervous. Am I going to have to modify the Uniden?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cathy