Don Wilhelm wrote:
There are two major problems with the Uniden 2600.  First is the power
output level is in excess of the maximum drive that the transverter can
handle.  That problem was solved with a 10 dB attenuator that was switched
out of the circuit on receive (using a relay).
I had figured that I'd have to add some attenuator circuitry, but it didn't occur tome that I'd have to add a relay to switch it out of the way on receive.
The second problem is that the Uniden 2600 has no output corresponding to a
keying circuit, so either the transverter must be activated at the same time
the Uniden 2600 is keyed (direct from the keyline) which can cause the
transverter to go quickly from transmit to receive and back again with the
keying (and also the relay associated with the attenuator will work
overtime).  This problem is not as severe on SSB, but is still a
consideration, and on SSB, the PTT must be paralled to activate the
transverter.
Yuck.  Very ugly indeed.

--Cathy