To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SSB output overshoot

I think Don's observations sound like the problem I
and a few others have had. See, for example the
symptoms described here:

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2005-03/msg00676.html

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2005-12/msg00408.html

These two, at least, were due to the KSB2 ALC circuit
having insufficient attenuation range to control the
output of K2/100's which have above-average overall
transmit gain on the lower bands.  The fix involves
adding a resistor and changing another in the KSB2. Gary Surrency at Elecraft was able to provide me the
necessary details.

But Mike's problem sounds much less severe.  It might
be a marginal case of this effect, I suppose.

73,
Steve VE3SMA