Chris,
What you are seeing is correct. Only when you go onto transmit will you see the
effect of the XIT on the frequency readout. If you want to know exactly what
frequency you will be transmitting on with XIT selected then you can select the
RIT as well. Of course you need to deselect the RIT to listen on your original
frequency. Hope this helps..

73
Stewart G3RXQ