Thanks Don. I will check tmw, it's getting late here now. Maybe I have got the wrong sideband, that would certainly explain a lot.

Yes, that is what I was doing. Just toggling RIT button to check when he was txing and then to find the station he was working.

BTW, thanks. You gave me my own toroid winding demo at Dayton on the Saturday, as you had already done the official one on the Friday. It helped!

73 Chris G3SJJ  zzzzz

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Chris,

The BFO should take care of itself - BUT if you were using FL2 thru FL4 to
receive and the FL1 (transmmit) BFO was set to the sideband opposite from the
filter you were using.

A quick check of the BFO frequencies for all filters should reveal a sideband
swap readily.

I am not clear on all parts of your operation detailed - you said "switching RIT on
& off" which is the part that is not clear to me - you must turn on RIT and tune
(with the RIT knob) to the frequency you intend to transmit on - then activate XIT, and go
back to the intended receive frequency by turning RIT off.  If that is your procedure it is
correct, but I did not understand all the steps in the procedure you outlined.

73,
Don W3FPR