Chris,

hen the K2 is in receive, the receive frequency only is displayed.  In
transmit, the transmit frequency is displayed (hard to see during keying).
Check the K2 manual page 94 for information on how RIT and XIT work - when
XIT is on, you can see the transmit frequency during receive by also turning
on RIT.

I prefer to jusst use split all the time - it better matches my thinking - I
find I can get confused with all the combinations, especially when trying to
operate quickly.

73,
Don W3FPR