Mike

As per another reply, I use a Palm Mini-Paddle and find it superb. I've had one for ages
and only once needed a minor adjustment to the contacts. You might want to get a spare
base to screw down to something heavy. The output lead uses a rather fragile looking 3
pole PCB connector, I made up a spare lead "just in case", although I've not
needed the lead. In the UK Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk) stock the connectors, part
number BX96E.

When portable I tend to hold the paddle unit with my left hand and find it
works well enough. I also have their Code Cube, which I bought to use with a
transceiver that doesn't benefit from the excellent keyer found in Elecraft
rigs.

73 Dave, G4AON

Hi all,

I'm planning a K1 purchase and am considering buying the tilt stand whose
description says, "You can also attach a lightweight keyer paddle directly to
the stand."  That sounds like a nice compact set up and a web search turned up
two sets of K1-ready paddles, one from www.paddlette.com and one from
www.palm-radio.de.

Can anyone speak to the quality of those paddles?  I wonder if they're so
lightweight that they're fragile.  And are there others I should consider?

Thanks!
Mike  ab3ap