I also use a Palm Mini-Paddle, but recently had the cable connection at
the back fail as Dave described in his email. No big deal to fix it: I
just cut off the cable, cleaned up the pins on the connector and
soldered it back together, covering the connection with heat shrink
tubing. It seems as strong as the original, but it probably isn't a bad
idea to order a spare cable set.

Here is a photo of my K1 with the KTS1 and the two keys I use with it:

        http://www.n2htt.net/K1/K1andKey.jpg

The Palm Mini-Paddle is on the right. I mounted a piece of flat
steel stock on a block of marble, and use the magnetic holder of the
Mini-Paddle to stick it to the base - works great.

The little key mounted on the K1 stand has an interesting story: The
key was one I bought on eBay as part of a set of two Ukrainian made
military keys. It came with a leg strap and the mounting plate you see
in the photo. Just by happenstance I discovered that the position of
the screw holes in the mounting plate exactly matched two of the holes
in the KTS1, so with two 6-32 machine screws and nuts I had an instant
built-in key. This key works pretty nicely as well.

73,
Mike N2HTT