Ron, you are right it's not difficult to record the pertinent menu settings.
However, it is quite tedious to reenter them all. A computer dump/restore of
all settings would be quite helpful. Many users unwilling to do a 4-5-6
reset might be encouraged to use that as a debugging step if the recovery
from it were simplified.

Heck, just realigning after a CAL PLL would be a snap. The BFO recovery
process would necessarily touch all the settings (requires the freq probe in
TP2, I imagine).

Back when I got my I/O module, BFO settings were not possible under KIO2
command. I made a request to add the necessary functionality, and I believe
it's been added to the product. However, I have not upgrade my firmware and
have not revisited writing the code. I may not get around to it now, but you
never know<g>.

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

<snip>
However, it's not a
big deal to write down the settings, once you've worked them out. I keep a
simple log sheet with my K2 manual that has the current settings noted.
Using pencil, it's easy to change the relevant values if I decide to change
something.
</snip>